There can be many reasons why you need to get rid of the tree stump standing in your backyard after a tree removal job. From the aesthetical aspects and cleanliness of your landscape to ensuring the safety of your family and visitors, tree stump removal can benefit you in various ways.
Importance of Removing Tree Stumps
Eliminating the tree stump from your yard is one of the most essential aspects of tree care and landscape maintenance. That is why you should always hire a professional tree removal service for the job. In any case, removing the tree stump will have the following advantages for you.
- No added costs for lawn maintenance: Leaving the tree stump in the yard can lead to the growth of other smaller trees around it, which can eventually result in added costs for landscape maintenance.
- Better safety: Tree stumps can be a serious safety hazard, especially if you have kids because they are likely to stumble over them. That can lead to severe accidents. Moreover, it can also damage your lawnmower.
- Reduced risks of pest infestation: Unattended tree stumps can act as a breeding ground for all kinds of pests and insects, which can gradually creep into your home and cause many infections and diseases.
Aside from these benefits, tree stump removal also enhances the overall appeal of your landscaping; you can always use the area for other purposes and add more value to your property.
Stump Removal vs. Stump Grinding
Stump removal and stump grinding are the two most preferred techniques for getting rid of the tree stump from a property. However, the challenge that most homeowners face is to decide which method would be ideal for eliminating the tree stump from their yard. So to help you out, listed below are some of the main pros and cons of both the methods.
Stump Removal Pros
- It involves complete removal of the tree stump and the roots from your property
- You can easily replant another tree in the same area after the job is done
- There are no health hazards associated with the process
Stump Removal Cons
- It can be a more time-intensive process
- Large tree stumps can be very difficult to remove
- There will be a gaping hole left behind in your yard after the stump removal
Stump Grinding Pros
- It does not require any strenuous work and can be done relatively quickly
- There will be no huge hole in your backyard after the tree stump is ground
- It is an environmentally-friendly process
Stump Grinding Cons
- There is a possibility of eventual sprout
- The roots left behind can decay and cause other problems
- It can be potentially harmful to pets and kids
Now that you have a good idea of the major pros and cons of stump removal and stump grinding, you can make an informed decision based on your needs. Talk to our experts if you have any more doubts, or get an instant quote for removing or grinding the tree stump from your property.